Development of the association GIQS e.V.
- Approval of the INTERREG V A project TreeMania by the steering committee INTERREG/euregio rhein-maas-nord. The project aims to develop sustainable methods for rearing, planting and maintaining trees and shrubs in urban areas.
- Kick-off event of the new INTERREG V A project BEL AIR, in which GIQS is lead partner.
- Kick-off event of the second phase of the INTERREG V A project FOOD2020, in which GIQS is one of several regional partners. Lead partner is the German Institute of Food Technology (DIL) in Quakenbrück.
- At the general assembly an amended statute of the association was decided. In addition, a new two-member board was elected. Its members are Dr. Oliver Breuer (Chairman) and Tim Mäkelburg (Deputy Chairman).
- Kick-off event of the new INTERREG V A project Food Pro·tec·ts, in which GIQS is lead partner.
- At the general assembly, Dr. Judith Kreyenschmidt was elected as a new member of the GIQS Executive Board, replacing Dr. Maren Bruns as deputy chairman.
- Kick-off event of the new INTERREG V A project FOOD2020, in which GIQS is one of several regional partners.
- Kick-off event of the new MarkiT project (Markenfleischprogramm zur Integration von Tierwohl) sponsored by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rentenbank.
- he general assembly approves an amendment to the articles of association. In future, there will be a three-member honorary executive committee and a honorary supervisory board whose main task will be to monitor and advise the executive committee. Members of the executive committee: Dr. Martin Hamer (chairman), Dr. Oliver Breuer (1st deputy) and Dr. Maren Bruns (2nd deputy).
- Approval of the study "Economic vaccination" from INTERREG IV funds.
- Dr. Martin Hamer will move to the "International Centre for Sustainable Development" at the Bonn-Rhine-Sieg University of Applied Sciences as an employee, but will continue to serve the association on a voluntary basis as managing board member.
- The general assembly elects the managing director Dr. Martin Hamer as its chairman. Prof. Dr. Brigitte Petersen, who has headed the association since its foundation, is re-elected as deputy chairman. Johan Zandbergen and Dr. Helmut Saatkamp are also confirmed as board members.
- Kick-off event for the e-H@C HUPAction project. GIQS is a project partner and commissioned to carry out a crisis exercise.
- Changes in the Executive Board: Both Dr. Peter Van der Wolf and Ruud Huirne are no longer candidates for the Executive Board of GIQS. Johan Zandbergen will assume this function for the Finance division, Helmut W. Saatkamp will be the new Secretary.
- GIQS is now a member of "go-cluster - excellent networking", an initiative of the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi).
- Approval of the "Frucht macht Schule" project. The project should contribute to strengthening the competitiveness of SMEs in fruit and vegetable growing.
- GIQS receives the bronze label of the European Cluster Excellence Initiative.
- Approval of the SiLeBAT project (securing the feed and food chain in bio- and agro-terrorist (BAT) damage situations), GIQS is a subcontractor.
April 2010 - March 2011
- Duration of the first phase of MeKoTech (network for sector-specific technology development of inter-company measurement and communication systems in quality management of value chains in the agricultural and food industries).
- Approval of the Safeguard project. The GIQS project initiative "SafeGuard" receives 9.35 million euros. The project deals with animal health, zoonoses and food safety issues in the Dutch-German border area.
- Approval of the QUARISMA project, a project of European partners from industry and science funded by the IAPP element (Industry-Academia Partnerships and Pathways) of the Marie Curie Actions of the EU's 7th Research Framework Programme.
- Approval of the project FIN-Q.NRW. The Research Network Innovation through Quality Communication (FIN-Q.NRW) is part of the NRW Nutrition Cluster Initiative.
- Second annual Q-PorkChains congress in Rennes, France.
- After an in-depth assessment, GIQS successfully participated in the benchmarking of the Initiative Kompetenznetze Deutschland and became a member of it.
19th - 22th November 2007
- First annual Q-PorkChains congress in Monells, Spain.
- Start of the project "AIDA - Alliances for Information and Service Agencies" for the horizontal bundling of coordination tasks in quality, health and risk management in the meat industry (innovation programme of the BMELV).
3rd - 6th October 2007
- Second annual congress PromSTAP in Vidin, Bulgaria.
- The Q-PorkChains industry platform for the European pork industry, managed by GIQS, goes online.
- Change of Managing Director: Dr. Gereon Schulze Althoff takes on a new professional challenge after more than five years with GIQS. Dr. Martin Hamer will be his successor.
- Start of the Q-PorkChains project within the framework of the 6th Research Framework Programme of the European Union.
18th - 21st October 2006
- PromSTAP Congress in Genoa, Italy.
- Approval of the INTERREG III C initiative "PromSTAP - Promoting the Stable to Table Approach".
- Approval of the third project "Cross-border quality assurance systems in the fruit and vegetable sector" under INTERREG III A in the Euregio Rhein-Maas-Nord.
4th December 2002
- Presentation of the NRW Cooperation Award of the Food-Processing Initiative in Dortmund.
- Approval of the second project "Cross-border quality assurance systems in the food industry" within the framework of INTERREG III A at the Euregio Rhein-Maas-Nord.
- General assembly 2002 and election of a new board: Prof. Dr. B. Petersen (chairman), Dr. Peter van der Wolf (treasurer), Dr. Helmut Saatkamp (secretary).
- Approval of the first project "Cross-border quality assurance systems in meat production" under the INTERREG III A initiative of the Euregio Rhein-Waal.
- First idea for the start of a German-Dutch cooperation for collaborative research in the agricultural and food industry in Brussels.